In the past, I never won anything…or, I very rarely won anything. I’m talking about sweepstakes, raffles, contests of some sort. If it was a drawing it just didn’t happen and I was always SHOCKED when it did.
Well, then 2013 happened!
At the beginning of this year I discovered the fun of giveaways on blogs, facebook pages that I follow or have “liked” and more. I started entering a few here and there and it has been pretty cool to see God provide for our needs (and wants) through some of the contests I have won!
I am often asked how I win, so here are my tips to winning:
- You will NOT win if you do NOT enter! Seriously, just click and enter. Especially if you already like the page or follow them on twitter or what have you.
- Only spend your time entering contests for things you actually want or would need, or that you can gift to someone. Whenever I am submitting entries I have someone in mind, a family member, friend, or if it’s just something I think is cool I have prayed and asked God to show me who is in need of the item.
- I enter selectively. If entries require me liking or following a page I don’t want to see or receive information from, it is NOT worth “liking” the page, granting them a “follow”, or especially subscribing via email! I don’t want to have to filter them later on.
- I enter low-entry giveaways. If you can see that the giveaway is ending soon (within 2 days for a 7-10 day contest) or that it only has 100 entries and you can get 10+ entries by submitting your “likes”, click away! You have good chances of winning and should try for it!
- Setup an email, twitter, etc. account just for entering giveaways! It’s really as easy as that and it will keep your main email from being overrun with information. Granted, I use gmail so with the “tab” layout now I can pick and choose whatever I want to see or have filtered to a Social Media/Giveaway tab. This is awesome!
- Lastly, and this is important, check your email to see if you won the giveaway! For as many contests as I won, I missed the deadline to claim a few prizes and was bummed to miss out on a prize (though thankfully none I was really upset over-it’s free stuff, after all). Some giveaways only allow you 24 hours and some are 48+. What I do is an occasional search through my email with key terms like “giveaway winner”. This usually picks up the notification message telling me that I won a prize.
I figured it wouldn’t be fair to hype you up over entering giveaways without giving you hope that you could actually win, so here is a list of the things I have won this year through online giveaways. I do not share this to brag, but to encourage you that 1-God provided real NEEDS for us through these, as well as blessings for us to share with others, 2-you can win free stuff if you enter!
Note-I did not use or cash in on all of these prizes, and some of the prizes that I claimed I have not yet received. Sadly, that happens and you just have to move on. Mostly though, I have been introduced to some great companies and we have enjoyed some wonderful products!
A Set of Eco-Dent Tooth Powder, Mouth Rinse, BWC Lip Gloss & Clay Mask (I began using this tooth powder in February and I am JUST NOW finishing the bottle! How crazy is that?!)
$50 Prize Pack from Happy Family Organic Superfoods
Cupcake Wishes Pom Pom Garland (I have used this garland a couples times for decorations and it’s super cute!)
Diaper Prize Pack: GroVia hybrid shell with 2 inserts, 1 bumGenius 4.0 diaper, 1 KangaCare pail liner, 1 Eco Sprout Bottom Balm, a 12 pack of sampler wipes as well as a CJ’s BUTTer spritz. (We have used every bit of this as we started cloth diapering last spring.)
Cupcake Wishes Party Printables Set & Pom Pom Garland #2 (Yes, I won a SECOND garland from the SAME shop in a different giveaway! Also, I was able to use this printable set for Mason’s 30th birthday in a superhero theme.)
$30 Gift Card to Junie Blake
$25 Credit to Cupcake with Character’s Shop
Nursing Poncho from Jeni Lynn Designs (baby shower gift)
Confessions of a Cloth Diaper Convert ebook (I can’t remember what the source of the giveaway was so I linked to the author’s blog but this was a great source as I started cloth diapering.)
My Very Own World Adventure Personalized Children’s Book (this is wrapped up under the tree for Christmas)
Lila Rose Clip
$25 Gift Card to Pink Blush Maternity (can’t find the post but linked to hosting blog)
I Heart Us Print (adorning my office/guest room wall)
Ju Ju Be Bag (perfect for a baby gift)
$20 Cali & Me Gift Certificate (got some hair ties for myself and purchased a baby shower gift)
$15 Credit to Victoria Peach Designs
$500 gift certificate to Geller Law Group
$250 Gift Certificate to Geller Law Group
Item of my choice from Breeas Boutique Bargains/Collectively Yours
I know that there was one more item: a romper and headband that Maddy wore for a few one-year-old pictures our friend Jackie took of her, but I cannot find the shop’s information anywhere.
Whenever I track it down I will be sure to link.
Now, go enter some giveaways!!!