- Whole pumpkin (or 2 small whole pumpkins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the pumpkin in half, stem to base. If you have a large pumpkin like I did, you may want to cut the stem off and cut the base flat. This made it a little easier to cut in quarters for the next step.
- Remove seeds and pulp (get all the seeds, don’t worry about the stringy stuff-you’re going to blend/puree all of it, remember). Cover each half with foil, or if you are like me and were out of foil, cover with all the silpats you have! It worked just fine.
- Bake in the preheated oven, foil side up, 1 hour, or until tender.
- Peel the chunks of pumpkin (or scrape the flesh from the peel).
- Puree in a blender, adding water as needed to blend well. I used the juices that pooled in the baking pans plus a little water.
- When finished, package in 1 cup amounts and store in sandwich-size freezer bags.