We love to eat at Chick-fil-A, but I’m always struggling to fit in my green veggies when we go. I was thrilled when they debuted the “Superfood Side” which is basically a kale/broccoli salad. I knew that I could come up with something similar to enjoy at home, and this was our result!
Source: Marla Stanley
- 8 cups Kale washed and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups Broccoli Slaw
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup Cinnamon Roasted Walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1⁄2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5-6 tablespoons pure maple syrup NOT table syrup-this needs to be real maple syrup; could also substitute raw honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Prepare kale by removing thick ribs and chopping thoroughly.
- In a medium jar or bowl, blend Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Put lid on and shake really well, until combined.
- Add a little dressing to kale and massage 3-5 minutes. Massage kale to release bitterness. You will notice the greens turn dark and more silky.
- Combine kale, broccoli florets, broccoli slaw, and mix well to incorporate, adding more dressing to coat the salad.
- Top salad with cranberries, sunflower seeds and walnuts.
For more recipes, nutrition tips and spiritual support join me here. If you need help with your physical or spiritual health and would like some accountability, reach out to me-I help people each month as they improve their health!