We do our best to eat according to our meal plan (this not only keeps us following our clean eating, but also closer to being on-budget). However, the snacking habit dies hard, so when I am ready to tear through the house to find something to satisfy that sweet-spot, these are a much better option for me than junk or caving to baking a sweet treat!
This recipe is inspired by our go-to energy bit recipe from Maggie at “Smashed Peas and Carrots”. I have made so many variations of this basic recipe. I highly recommend you try it out for yourself!
Course: Snacks and Sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup Natural Peanut Butter (or other nut butter)
- 1⁄3 cup Raw Honey
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1⁄2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips or Cacao Nibs
- 1-2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract more or less depending on what flavor you want
- 1-2 tbsp Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in microwave or on stovetop just until you can blend the two. Add in Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pour wet over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 min to an hour.
- Scoop (or spoon, or roll) into bite-size balls.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container. Keep in the fridge for up to 1 week, up to 1 month in freezer.
For more recipes, nutrition tips and spiritual support join me here. If you need help with your physical or spiritual health and would like some accountability, reach out to me-I help people each month as they improve their health!