Sinus pressure, sneezing, and blowing my nose-that’s most of what I have done the last two days. So, my scripture review this morning was accompanied by some Fresh Ginger Lemon Tea. This fresh tea has awesome benefits that I wasn’t even aware I was missing out on! I’m pretty much wondering why I don’t drink it everyday! 😉
Benefits of Fresh Ginger Lemon Tea:
- boost immunity with antioxidants from ginger and Vitamin C from Lemon
- ginger increases blood circulation
- nausea/indigestion relief (also great for those who struggle with nausea during pregnancy or chemotheraphy)
- antibacterial and antiseptic properties and acts as antibiotic in the body
- lemon boosts metabolism
- helps your body better absorb nutrients from your food
- aids in controlling blood sugar levels thanks to zinc in ginger (affects production/secretion of insulin)
- beneficial for skin and hair health and growth
- helpful in lessening cravings for carbohydrates and fatty foods
- ginger improves the absorption of fat in the body
- lemons reduce stress
- supports proper organ function
What you need:
- 2 cups water
- 1-2 inch chunk of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tsp honey, local if possible
- Bring water to boil in a small pan.
- Grate or chop fresh ginger and add to boiling water
- Juice fresh lemon and add to ginger and water.
- Cover and let steep 15-20 minutes.
- Strain and serve with honey to taste (or leave the ginger in and eat it for added benefits)
Leave me your best tip for fighting a sinus cold!
For more recipes, nutrition tips and spiritual support join me here. If you need help with your physical or spiritual health and would like some accountability, reach out to me-I help people each month as they improve their health!