Growing up my mom always made us strawberry-banana smoothies. It’s actually my go-to flavor whenever I hit up a smoothie shop. However, when I make it at home I want to pack in as much nutrients as possible. Here’s how I did it!
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 scoop Strawberry Protein Powder (I use and recommend Shakeology for premium dense nutrition and a great flavor)
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 3-4 fresh strawberries, large size
- NOTE: Do NOT use frozen strawberries…every time I use frozen strawberries something just doesn’t taste right! So, I’m giving you fair warning after my experience. 😉
- Ice (optional to your liking)
- Add liquids and spinach to blender and liquefy.
- Add in yogurt, protein powder, frozen banana and strawberries, and ice if you want it. Blend and enjoy!
Let me know how you like this recipe, or what adaptations you make to it. I’d love to try out something new!
For more recipes, nutrition tips and spiritual support join me here. If you need help with nutrition and would like some accountability, reach out to me-I help people each month as they improve their health!