I am always looking for new and interesting twists on recipes that I love. Here’s a recent favorite that our entire family enjoyed!
We felt like it needed more water to get the perfect consistency, but it was absolutely delicious and I am pretty sure it was inhaled before it could even sit for an hour!
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas drained
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup slow-roasted or sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp pimentón (smoked paprika)
- 1/2 lemon Juice of
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or more to taste
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt to taste
- In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse the chickpeas, garlic and tomatoes until coarsely chopped. Add the tahini, smoked paprika, lemon juice and olive oil. Process for 30 seconds. Add the basil leaves, plus 2 tablespoons of water. Let the processor run until the hummus is smooth; if necessary, add more water, a tablespoon at a time, to achieve the desired degree of smooth. Taste, and season with salt.
- Refrigerate for an hour, or up to three days ahead, to allow the flavors to combine. The longer it sites, the more exciting the flavor. Store in the refrigerator in a container with a tight-fitting lid.