2013 has thus far brought me new experiences in community.
Typically community is defined as “a group of people with a common characteristic or interest living together within a larger society“.
It has been defined for me in the past few days, weeks, and months as…
- a home to share, friends to share dinner with daily
- a new home to rent
- a bed frame, kitchen items, plant baskets for our new porch
- table and chairs
- dishes, sheets, and mattresses
- baby food
- a kitchen full of pans, utensils, cutting boards, mixing bowls, NEW placemats
- NEW towels and a rug for our bathroom, a laundry basket
- and more…and more…and more…
Big shout out to family, friends, and in particular, The Way Bible Church for walking through this season with us!
“And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them…For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales and lay them at the apostles’ feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need.” -Acts 4:32, 34f
Blue Letter Bible. “Acts of the Apostles 4 – (NASB – New American Standard Bible).” Blue Letter Bible. 1996-2013. 12 Apr 2013. < http://www.blueletterbible.org/Bible.cfm?b=Act&c=4&t=NASB >