I have great friends who share their great recipes with me-this is definitely one of them!
I have had this dish several times, but this was my first time to actually make it myself. I was quite impressed with how simple it was and how quickly it all came together! It was definitely in the 30 Minute Meal category! WIN!
Pepperoni Broccoli Pasta
1 bunch fresh broccoli ( about 2 pounds)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 large garlic cloves, halved
1 1/2 cups diced pepperoni
1 lb package bow-tie noodles ( I swapped this for a box of brown rice penne pasta)
1/2 stick butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Trim broccoli and wash. Cook fresh broccoli in water in a large skillet about 5 minutes until crispy tender; drain well (set aside). HINT: cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat olive oil in same skillet with garlic pieces for 5 minutes, but do not allow the garlic to brown. (This is what gives garlic a bitter taste.) Remove garlic pieces; add diced pepperoni and cook about 5 minutes. Add broccoli and brown lightly.
- Cook pasta, following label directions; drain and return to kettle. HINT: start water for pasta when you are working on the broccoli, that way you can put pasta in to cook about the time you are cooking the pepperoni.
- Add butter to pasta and toss to coat evenly. Add Parmesan cheese and toss well; then add broccoli-pepperoni mixture and toss them all gently to distribute evenly in pasta.
- Turn out onto heated serving platter and serve with additional Parmesan cheese, if you wish.
*note-HINTs in italics are my addition.