Taste-bud explosion. That is about the only way I can describe this recipe!
I found this version of Black Bean Burgers from MeatlessMonday.com a bit ago and we made these a few times while we lived in South Korea. They were good then, but were GREAT this time. I think a couple things made the difference…
- made the burgers but didn’t necessarily stick to the recipe religiously
- couldn’t get chipotle peppers in adobo so never attempted the sauce
- always had them independently or on a bun
- made them exactly as the recipe states
- made the Chipotle Spread exactly as the recipe states
- made fresh guacamole to go with them
- wrapped them in lettuce instead of eating them on a bun!
Several factors that made ALL the difference. Even if you are a strict meat eater, you have to try these things as they have the greatest punch of flavor and are so filling and good for you!