Mason and I love pumpkin treats…pumpkin pie, trifle, pudding. It’s all good! I was ready to enjoy something pumpkin recently and decided that pumpkin crisp sounded great! I had never had it or really even seen or heard of a recipe for it so again, here is a concoction that turned out pretty good!
- 1 can (or equivalent) Pumpkin Puree
- Liquid Sweetener (you could use up to 1 can of sweetened condensed milk like you would typically for a pumpkin pie, but it will be super sweet, alternates like agave syrup or stevia are good-as sweet as you like) or omit and just have all the pumpkin goodness
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Butter
- Heat oven to 350*F
- Combine Pumpkin Puree, Liquid Sweetener, Vanilla Flavor, Cinnamon, Cloves and Ginger.
- Pour into a large casserole pan-I think mine is a 9×9.
- Mix Oatmeal, Brown
Sugar and Butter. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm. Great with cream, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream!
We munched on this-it made a lot-for about a week and it was great to top my morning oats with too! Great for cold mornings. J