Tried out a new concoction the other night and it was scrum-diddley-umptious! I got thumbs up all around and it really felt like comfort food even though it was loaded with veggies. WIN!
6 cups water (for pasta)
1+1/3 cups rotini pasta (6 oz.)
16 oz. package frozen vegetables (I used the Kirkland Signature brand of Normandy Blend)
1 can condensed cream of _____ soup (I used mushroom b/c that’s what we can get in bulk at Costco)
1+1/4 cups fat free milk
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp garlic pepper seasoning (or one of your choice)
1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta, cook uncovered for 6 min.
- Stir in frozen vegetables. Simmer for 5 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
- Drain. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Mix together soup, milk, mayonnaise, and seasoning in 2 qt casserole dish.
- Stir in chicken and pasta mixture.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, stir, and bake for 10-15 min. longer or until heated through and bubbling at edges.
- Let stand nearly 10 minutes before serving
Just a note-this was a “eat from a bowl” type dish and a great all-in-one supper!