We have been ALL ABOUT the soups since fall hit here! A take on minestrone with wonderful summer veggies, tomato basil, and most recently since Mason ended up sick on his birthday, I needed something like Chicken Noodle but with a pile of turkey in the freezer, I figured why not Turkey Noodle? A quick AllRecipes search later, and I had found a basic recipe that I played with and it turned out so well I had to blog it to archive!
Turkey Noodle Soup
8 cups Chicken Broth
3 cups Water
1 tsp dried Basil
1 tsp dried Oregano
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Carrots sliced
1 small Onion chopped
2 ribs Celery sliced
12 Ounces dry Egg Noodles
3 cups Cooked Turkey chopped
1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup leftover gravy (had it near the turkey in the freezer so it made its way in the soup too) 🙂
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, carrots, celery, onion, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt & pepper to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover & simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles & simmer uncovered until noodles are tender.
- Stir in turkey, gravy, and can of mushroom soup.
- Bring to a boil, cooking for 2-3 minutes until heated through.