Another recipe post sans picture. Sorry guys!
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ medium carrot, chopped
2/3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2/3 cup milk
2/3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
2/3 cup mozzarella, grated
6 servings rice, cooked
1 small head broccoli, washed and cut into bite-size pieces
2 1/2 cups cooked ham, chopped (I used what I had leftover in the freezer)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup cheese (I used Cheddar & Colby Jack) for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute peppers, carrot and onion until tender.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, milk, & cheese.
- Heat the mixture on low, stirring until cheeses have melted. (if meat is frozen, add here)
- Mix together cheese sauce, broccoli, ham and seasonings.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish (non-stick won’t need the greasing—mine was just fine without it).
- Pour mixture into dish.
- Top with cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until golden brown. We prefer a slight crunch of the cheese on top. J
- Serve over rice.
Mason gave this one a 2 thumbs up (even if he was skeptical while I was creating away). 😉