I was feelin’ some “red beans & rice” for dinner the other night, and since we didn’t have sausage on hand, I had to make-do with an alternative.
So here’s what I did…
1 lb. of ground pork (our economical and common meat of choice here in Korea)
1-2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Dash of Cayenne Pepper (to your taste)
1 cup Chicken Broth
2 cups Cooked Rice
2 cans red kidney beans
1.5 tsp Creole Seasoning (I use Tony’s Chachere’s Creole Seasoning)
Dash of Crushed Red Pepper
- Heat the EVOO and brown ground pork with Cayenne Pepper.
- Add Chicken Broth and heat—scrape bottom of the pan with spatula/wooden spoon to loosen any drippings to season dish.
- Add Rice, Kidney Beans, and Creole seasoning.
- Stir will, adding Red Pepper Flakes (add more Cayenne or Hot sauce to taste).
- Heat over medium-low heat to simmer, stirring to prevent rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Adjust heat as necessary and serve hot!
It turned out SO good! Mason & Michael enjoyed it too, and ate up all the leftovers within 12 hours!!